Anchors from 1895 were long wrought iron rods with a pointed tip that were driven deep into the ground.Iron guide wire anchors became rusted out and were replaced with steel anchors.The Lynchburg Glass Company used the style number 135 but the deep Emerald Green color suggests the Brookfield Glass Company manufactured this product. Clear CD 232 Hemingray D-513 insulators were manufactured by Owens-Illinois's Hemingray Division in the 1950s.
The insulator replaced broken insulators on the transmission line in the early 1900s.
It is unknown which glass housed produced the CD 280 in Emerald Green.
The arms were short or long, either four or six pins.
Corner poles, strained poles and tall poles were double-armed with one crossarm on each side.
(American Telephone & Telegraph Company) CD 106, CD 121 and CD 190/191. The CD 121 has several embossing variations and colors.
"Erie's Over the Hill Line by Jeff Katchko, Altered Insulators: What's with that insulator?
Installed in 1895 on the transmission line, the CD 245 was used from 1895-1989, a total of 94 years of continuous service.
T-H stands for the Thomas-Houston Electrical Company and the insulator was manufactured by Brookfield in the early 1890s.
T-H merged with Edison General Electric in 1892, the insulators were kept until used in 1895 on the Pelzer transmission line.
Roughly 2,500 CD 245 were installed on the transmission line.
Three different glass companies manufactured the CD 162 signal style found in Pelzer.